We have the results (well, sort of). We pretty well are confident in who the top 5 candidates are with a cliff hanger for the number 6 spot in the General Election. Here are the results as of the morning of the 27th:
- ***UPDATE*** It appears as if Robert Miller will be the 6th candidate for Board of Education in 2016. Updated numbers as of 1:04pm (Miller 13,916, Andrews 13,087) CLICK HERE
- Original info – The battle for 6th between Miller and Andrews will go on for a while (seriously on 5 votes separate the two candidates). Someone get started counting those absentee ballots.
- The “anti-incumbent” movement worked as two of the three incumbent will not move on to the General Election cycle.
- Endorsements matter – All top three candidates received the most (and biggest) endorsements.
- Voting numbers are way up in 2016…here is a breakdown of total Primary votes by year:
- 2016 – 179,469 votes
- 2014 – 117,340 votes
- 2012 – 82,751 votes
When I get more time, I may do some additional analysis on the data.
I will be updating the Technology Outreach Reference Card as soon as we know the outcome of Miller and Andrews.