There has not been much change in the online outreach in the MD05 race over the past month. The same candidates continue to do the same outreach month after month. Interested in the March numbers? CLICK HERE
The candidates: To see the full list of candidates click here
Steny Hoyer: http://www.hoyerforcongress.com/
Kristin Beck: http://www.beck4congress.us/index.html
Debbie F. Wilson: ???
Mark Arness: http://www.arnessforcongress.com/home.html
Sam Faddis: http://www.samfaddis.com/
The Scorecard: (Click the follower numbers below to view the social media page)
- Still not able to find a website for Debbie Wilson
- Facebook – Beck continues to collect an impressive number of new followers leading all candidates over the past month. Faddis was the clear winner on the GOP side.
- Twitter – Beck added the most overall new followers…closely followed by Faddis.
- Always remember to check out the candidates website for additional online outreach (Instagram, LinkedIn and more).
A significant factor in evaluating online outreach is looking at follower engagement. In April, I am back to focusing my reviews on Facebook engagement. Here are the numbers for the candidates over the past week:
- Beck was the big winner with Facebook engagement (likes, shares and comments) over the past week.
- Faddis was the most active over the past week…31 posts in a week is a lot on a Facebook timeline but it appears to be working for him right now.
- Hoyer and Arness are not very active and the engagement data for both is not great.
Online Outreach Leaders in this race: Kristin Beck. Beck is adding the most new followers on Facebook and Twitter as well as winning the follower engagement battle of all candidates in MD05. Faddis remains the clear leader on the GOP side of this race.
Of course the reality of followers, likes, and subscribers does not mean a lot when it comes down to voting in the end, but it can show trends in a campaign cycle and makes a great resource for following all of the candidates.