I am a little early with this evaluation…but with the Primary Election day coming up, I am trying to get as much done as possible. Interested in the March evaluation? CLICK HERE
The candidates: To see the full list of candidates click here
John Sarbanes: http://www.johnsarbanes.com/
John Rea: ???
Mark Plaster: http://www.plasterforcongress.com/
Thomas E. “Pinkston” Harris: ???
The Scorecard: (Click the follower numbers below to view the social media page)
- Still no official website found for Rae or Harris…I find that odd. If anyone know where I can find their websites, just let me know. I didn’t find anything via Google searches.
- Facebook – Plaster was the BIG winner over the past (almost) month adding over 450 new followers.
- Twitter – Sarbanes and Plaster were virtually even in adding new followers…neither adding very many.
- Always remember to check out the candidates website for additional online outreach (Instagram, LinkedIn and more).
A significant factor in evaluating online outreach is looking at follower engagement. In April, I am back to focusing my reviews on Facebook engagement. Here are the numbers for the candidates over the past week:
- Plaster was the most active and had the best Facebook engagement (likes, shares and comments) over the past week.
I am waiting until the General Election to pick an online outreach leader. Neither Sarbanes nor Plaster have a significant Primary challenge and this may be affecting some of the engagement and online efforts. When they face off head to head, I think things will become much more interesting.
Of course the reality of followers, likes, and subscribers does not mean a lot when it comes down to voting in the end, but it can show trends in a campaign cycle and makes a great resource for following all of the candidates.