It has been a very busy week so I am a little later than I hoped to writing this update. I have narrowed my focus this month on the TOP Democrats online outreach. Interested in the March numbers? CLICK HERE
The candidates: To see the full list of candidates click here
Kumar Barve: http://www.kumarbarve.com/
Will Jawando: http://willjawando.com/
Kathleen Matthews: http://kathleenmatthewsforcongress.com/
Jamie Raskin: https://jamieraskin.com/
David Trone: http://davidtrone.com/
Ana Sol-Gutierrez: http://www.anasolgutierrez.com
Joel Rubin: http://www.joelrubinforcongress.com/
Dave Anderson: http://andersonforcongress.com/
Dan Bolling: http://www.dantocongress.com/
Liz Matory: http://lizforcongress.nationbuilder.com/
Aryeh Shudofsky: http://www.aryehforcongress.com
Dan Cox: http://www.coxforcongress.org/
Jeffrey Jones: http://www.jjones4congress8.org/
Shelly Skolnick: http://www.shellyskolnickforcongress.com/
The Scorecard: (Click the follower numbers below to view the social media page)
- Facebook – Trone was the big winner adding nearly 2,000 new followers over the past month. Both Raskin and Jawando had a good past month adding new followers.
- Twitter – Raskin was this winner adding nearly 17o new followers. Trone, Matthews and Jawando were all pretty well grouped together all adding over 100 new followers.
- The GOP candidates are are not doing as well in the Primary with their online outreach efforts. Hopefully the winner will pick it up during the General Election cycle.
- Always remember to check out the candidates website for additional online outreach (Instagram, LinkedIn and more).
A significant factor in evaluating online outreach is looking at follower engagement. In April, I am back to focusing my reviews on Facebook engagement. Here are the numbers for the candidates over the past week:
- Raskin was the most active and had the highest engagement numbers (likes, shares and comments).
- The next grouping was Trone, Matthews and Jawando….Barve clearly is not doing as well as the top 4.
Online Outreach Leader in this race: Jamie Raskin. Raskin won on Twitter and Facebook engagement so he wins over the past month. Trone would be my #2 candidate, Matthews in #3 and Jawando in 4th. Early voting continues through the 21st…so get out and vote.
Of course the reality of followers, likes, and subscribers does not mean a lot when it comes down to voting in the end, but it can show trends in a campaign cycle and makes a great resource for following all of the candidates.