Here is my third evaluation of the congressional race in MD05.Interested in the December evaluation? CLICK HERE. Now let us look at how the candidates in MD05 did over the past month…
The candidates: To see the full list of candidates that have “Officially filed” click here
Steny Hoyer: http://www.hoyerforcongress.com/
Kristin Beck: http://www.beck4congress.us/index.html
Mark Arness: http://www.arnessforcongress.com/home.html
Sam Faddis: http://www.samfaddis.com/
The Scorecard: (Click the follower numbers below to view the social media page)
- Facebook – Beck added by far the most new followers of any candidate over the past month. I find it interesting that Steny Hoyer actually lost followers (AGAIN).
- Twitter – Faddis added the most new followers on this platform. No other candidate made significant gains.
- The Beck campaign lists LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram and Tumblr on the campaign website.
A significant factor in evaluating online outreach is looking at follower engagement. In January, I am back to focusing my reviews on Facebook engagement. Here are the numbers for the candidates over the past week:
- Beck was the most active and by far had the most engagement (likes, shares and comments) on Facebook.
- Arness is not listed on the chart above (due to the low number of followers today) but he did have one post this last week with and engagement number of one.
- Hoyer has not posted on Facebook since January 12th.
Online Outreach Leaders in this race: Kristin Beck. Beck is by far adding the most new followers (at least on Facebook) as well as winning the follower engagement battle of all candidates in MD05. Faddis remians the clear leader on the GOP side of this race.
Of course the reality of followers, likes, and subscribers does not mean a lot when it comes down to voting in the end, but it can show trends in a campaign cycle and makes a great resource for following all of the candidates.