I realized this morning that I had not written about the Facebook outreach in the MD04 race..opps. I have written two Twitter evaluations of the race (July 2015 & April 2015) so now lets all take a look at the links and follower numbers for this race.
Click the “Official Campaign Facebook Account” links to view the social media page
|Official Campaign Facebook Account|
|Has a Facebook group…not a campaign page|
|Could not find a page|
- This is a first look without any analysis yet so really use this as a reference to the candidates at this point. More detailed analysis will come in future evaluations.
- Terence Strait has a Facebook “Group” associated with his campaign with 129 group members. This is a bit different and not sure I am a fan of this yet. I will continue to follow and provide more detail in the future.
- Lisa Ransom…is she still in this race? Website has some serious issues and there was a Facebook page that seems to have gone away.
- Anthony Brown holds a significant lead in followers but I believe that many of those followers are carried over form his Governors race.
- Alvin Thornton has not posted anything since September 7th on Facebook…so not sure what is going on in that campaign. All other pages appear to be active and updated regularly.
Look for more technology outreach details coming in Nov / Dec in this race.
Looking for some additional references? Check out these:
Maryland Scramble MD04 posts: http://marylandscramble.com/category/maryland-cd4/
Maryland Elections Website information: http://www.elections.state.md.us/elections/2016/primary_candidates/gen_cand_lists_2016_3_00804.html